What help is available to me as a victim of crime? 

WA CVSC Hotline provides phone services during business hours, between 9am - 5pm PST, or by text 24 hours. Services provided are crisis intervention,  information, and referrals.

Do you offer services in languages other than English?

We utilize the AT&T Language line for callers who speak a language other than English.

How much do your services cost? 

All of our advocacy services are free.

What rights do I have as a crime victim?

Washington State has several laws which protect crime victims’ rights. READ MORE

Do you offer services outside of Washington state?

Yes, we provide resources for out of state callers, when the information is available to us online. 

I have medical bills after the crime, is there help for me?

The Crime Victim Compensation Program through Washington State Department of Labor and Industries can help victims of crime with medical bills and funeral expenses.  An advocate can help you determine if you qualify for this or other programs, and can help you with the application process.

Do you help victims of domestic violence and sexual assault?

We provide crisis intervention, safety planning and emotional support for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. We then refer them to local agencies that specialize in this service.

What is crime victim's compensation?

Crime Victims Compensation (CVC) is a program through the Department of Labor and Industries. Victims of violent crime can fill out an application to see if they qualify for assistance. An advocate can help you complete the paperwork.


What is a Victim Impact Statement?

A Victim Impact Statement is a written or oral statement presented to the court at the defendant’s sentencing.  Victims or survivors have a legal right to inform the judge about how the crime has affected their lives and can ask that a defendant receive a particular sentence.


How can I find out if an offender is in custody?

You may search for an offender and sign up for victim notification services through WA SAVIN/VineLink which is a free and confidential service.  You can sign up to be notified by phone or email.


Is it necessary for me to attend court?

You have the right to attend every court hearing where the defendant is present, but it is not necessary that you do so.  If you are a witness to the crime the prosecutor’s office may ask you to testify if the case goes to trial.  Advocates can provide court support with you or on your behalf and take notes for you.  It is a very personal decision of how much, when and if you would like to go to court.